This course is designed for the forklift operator who has holds a current licence to operate a specific forklift type and requires further training to operate on more. For example – current operators of Counter Balance trucks to operate Reach Trucks or operators of Reach Trucks to operate Counter Balance Trucks.
- Theory lesson including Health & Safety, employers & employee’s liabilities
- Safety video
- Daily inspection pre-use check
- Battery care / Refuelling
- Safe operating practice
- Theory test
- Practical skills test
On completion of the forklift training course the trainee will be able to:
- Carry out a daily pre-use check and understand the importance of such checks
- Operate the forklift truck within the safety limits defined by the manufacturer
- Stack and de-stack from various heights with various loads safely
- Manoeuvre a laden forklift truck in a narrow confined area
Maximum number of trainees per course = 3. Duration of One day is needed for this course
Conditions of Booking
Bookings: We will accept telephone bookings, but written or e-mail confirmation is required. Corporate Accounts most welcome.
Payment Terms: Cleared Funds seven days prior to the commencement of the training course.
Cancellations received by us in less than 7 working days will be subject to a cancellation fee.
If our instructors attend your site and are turned away due to lack of facilities/operatives payment will be required in full.
Courses on your Premises: By confirming a booking you are authorising our instructors to use any mechanical handling equipment for training purposes only.
You must also ensure that, for the duration of the course:
- A training area (35 feet x 25 feet approx.) is set aside from the main work area and is free of obstacles.
- Your trainees are always available.
- Your truck is in a safe and fully working condition.
- A room is made available for classroom training purposes and suitably equipped (pens, pencils, paper etc.).
- A supply of empty pallets and various loads are available.